We’re dreaming of smooth sailing next spring with our first Organic Wine Cruise, visiting some of the Mediterranean’s most scenic ports. Though the world remains in flux with continued travel restrictions, we’re betting on brighter days ahead and are looking forward to cruising into 2022 by celebrating on the Natural Merchants & Frey Vineyards Mediterranean Organic Wine Cruise, May 17-29, 2022.
Ports of call on the 10-day tour include: Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence/Tuscany, Portofino, Saint-Tropez, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena Spain, Ibiza, Valencia and Barcelona. Natural Merchant’s Partners and husband and wife team Ed Field and Pilar Meroño Cerdán are delighted to be co-hosting this amazing cruise with good friends Katrina and Jonathan Frey of Frey Organic & Biodynamic Vineyards in California.
As your hosts for this 12-day cruise aboard the elegant and newly refurbished Oceana Cruises’ ship NAUTICA, we look forward to sharing some of our favorite vintages during private onboard events, tastings and a special wine-paired multi-course dinner. You will also have the opportunity to experience private wine tours to many of our winery partners ashore that have been curated exclusively for our group. If you’re like us, we are long overdue for a vacation of discovery, sightseeing and of course wine tasting! Price is to be announced and will include airfare from many major gateway cities.
Wine Program Highlights:
- Personally escorted by winemaker, Jonathan Frey & CEO, Katrina Frey of Frey Vineyards and Ed Field & Pilar Meroño Cerdán, Partners of Natural Merchants
- Private onboard events including welcome reception , seminars & tastings, and farewell toast
- Exclusive winemaker’s dinner featuring hosts’ organic and Biodynamic wines
- Optional Food & Wine Trails pre-cruise land program TBD.
- Exclusive Food & Wine Trails optional wine-themed shore tours in select port cities
- FREE pre-paid gratuities and $100 shipboard credit per stateroom for early bookings
- 12-day cruise aboard Oceania Cruises’ elegant 684-guest Nautica
- Gourmet cuisine curated by world-renowned Master Chef Jacques Pépin
- FREE Internet package plus your choice per stateroom of 6 FREE shore excursions, FREE house beverage package or $600 shipboard credit
- FREE and unlimited soft drinks, bottled water, cappuccino, espresso, teas and juices
- Multiple open-seating dining venues, at no additional charge
- New Aquamar Spa + Vitality Center, wellness center at sea
- Healthy Sail Panel: protocols guided by a team of globally recognized specialists in public health
- Continuous ship-wide disinfection & daily fogging of all staterooms & public spaces
- All-new hospital-grade air filtration system
- Dedicated Public Health Officer for each ship
- Increased social distancing with smaller group sizes for shore tours and onboard activities
- No-touch food service ship-wide
- Constant monitoring of staff and crew health, including testing and temperature checks multiple times a day
Visit www.oceaniacruises.com/health for more information
We are excited to bring you a cruise offering from Natural Merchants and Frey Vineyards.
“In previous years when it came to searching for (and finding) high quality organic wines, you were pretty much out of luck. Thankfully, along came Frey Vineyards – America’s first organic & Biodynamic winery. Founded in 1980, Frey Vineyards is overseen by Jonathan & Katrina Frey. This third generation, family-owned and operated winery combine the best of modern and traditional winemaking methods to showcase their quality and award-winning vegan, gluten free wines without adding sulfites which can cause adverse allergic reactions in some people.
Adding to this Mediterranean cruise theme of organic wines, Frey Vineyards has teamed up with the leading importer of high-quality natural wines – Natural Merchants. Partners, Ed & Pilar, search the globe for the finest organic grown wines, Biodynamic and vegan wines from the Europe and South America, bringing them to the states for all to enjoy.
You’re invited to meet, sail, and raise an organic glass of wine with Frey Vineyards & Natural Merchants aboard Oceania Cruises’ NAUTICA as they sail icon ports throughout Italy, France and Spain.”
Reserve Your Space Now, Worry Free
While we truly hope to be cruising with you in May 2022, there is of course always a possibility that our best laid plans for this amazing adventure may need to be postponed. Oceana Cruises offers “No Penalty Cancellations” within 15 days of the scheduled cruise, providing “Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid.” See Oceana’s Traveler Assurance Program for more details, and the Food & Wine Trails Terms and Conditions for specifics about the Organic Wine Cruise.
We encourage you to contact Food & Wine Trails now to reserve your space. We look forward to raising a glass with you onboard!