- La Cantina Pizzolato
- DOC Piave
- North of Treviso
- Analytical Data:
- Alcohol 13 % by Vol. · Res. Sugar 3 g/l · Acidity: 6.5 g/l
- Serve at:
- 59 - 61ºF
- 1-85554 00004-8
- Vegan Wine and Gluten Free ,
The estate is located in the rich and flourishing countryside in the north of Treviso, and the vineyards are situated on the plains and hillsides near Piave river.
Classic vinification for 85% while the remaining 15% of the grapes are done “passito-style” made to dry on wooden cases for about 90 days. The finished wine ages one year in oak barrels and 6 months in barriques and another 6 months in the bottle. To obtain the designation of origin "PIAVE," the Raboso can only be marketed after aging at least 2 years.
Pebbly and permeable soil. Allowing good drainage.
- Training system:
Cordon cane training system.
- Tasting Notes:
Pizzolato Raboso has a dark ruby color. Powerful and typically acidic, full-bodied with a great flavor. Its aroma leans to berries, blackberry, plum jam with spicy notes of licorice, pepper and tobacco. Great aging potential.
- Enjoy with:
Ideal with charcuterie and ripe cheese, grilled meats and poultry.