- D.O. Jumilla
- Jumilla, Murcia region
- Analytical Data:
- Alcohol 14 % by Vol. · Res. Sugar 2.6 g/l · Acidity: 5.2 g/l
- Serve at:
- 59 - 63ºF
- 1-85554 00065-9
- Made With Organic Grapes , Organic Red Wine , Gluten Free and Vegan Wine ,
This winegrowing region is located in southeast Spain, in the north of the Murcia province near Valencia, on a high plateau surrounded by mountains. It enjoys a continental climate influenced by the Mediterranean Sea with warm days and cool nights, over 3,000 hours of sunshine annually and an average rainfall that does not exceed 12 inches per year.
First we select the finest Monastrell grapes available. Then we perform a light crushing of the grapes. After that the must is fermented at a controlled temperature (75ºF – 82ºF) in stainless steel deposits. The fermentation process lasts around 15 days.
Soils are coarse textured with stony, sandy clay and an abundance of limestone. This soil produces grapes with thicker skins and in small clusters, with good sugar concentration and excellent acidity.
All of these characteristics result in the production of intensely colored wines, which are very aromatic, fruity, tasty, rich and powerful on the palate.
- Training system:
The majority of our Monastrell organic vineyards (around 80%) are managed under the vase-trained system. The remaining 20% are managed under the classic trellising system.
- Tasting Notes:
Bright dark ruby black color. Fruity, woody earthy aromas of wine gums (grape gummy bears), ripe black cherries, dried violets, and blond tobacco with an crisp, dryish full body and a warming, complex, medium-length finish with chewy, earthy, fine tannins and light oak.Tastings.com
- Enjoy with:
Salads, grilled vegetables and meats, rice and pasta, as well as cured Spanish cheeses and Spanish tapas.
2015 WORLD WINE CHAMPIONSHIPS AWARD: Silver Medal
RATED: 89 points ( Best Buy) – Highly Recommended
“A delicious Spanish import that is made with 100% certified organic grapes comes from Jumilla, a region near Valencia that is said to be the birthplace of the Monastrell grape.”
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS & BURSTED CHERRY TOMATO SPAGHETT
with Tarantas Monastrell – by Katie with Produce on Paradise